Stand Up for Education
A day of discussion and training for parents and teachers
Click here for complete programme
Saturday 15 October
Bridge 5 Mill,
22a Beswick Street,
Ancoats, Manchester M4 7HR
Kevin Courtney, NUT General Secretary
Angela Rayner MP, Shadow Education Secretary
Alan Gibbons, Children’s Author
Siobhan Collingwood, Headteacher
We need an education system that excites and stimulates children, providing them with the learning they need – and deserve – to fulfil their potential.
This day conference is to look at our current system and how we can change it for the better.
* Primary school tests – crisis point 2016
* The teacher crisis, accountability and the future of teacher education
* Academies and the return of the grammar school
* Looking after children’s welfare and mental health
* Prevent, Britishness and Islamophobia
* How to organise a campaign
* Education can be different!
Organised by NW NUT, Reclaiming Schools, LetOurKidsBeKids and University of Manchester UCU